Our revised proposals for the redevelopment of the Church
Walk site include:
- 35 residential dwellings with a mix of unit types and sizes,
- including 4 townhouses and 31 apartments
- Bring the vacant, derelict site back into use, providing
- necessary new homes for the area
- A mix of communal and private open green spaces with a
- diverse range of landscaping
- Improved landscaping along Church Walk
- Retention and enhancement of the majority of mature trees
- at the front and the rear of the site
- 43 parking spaces including a basement level car park
Mix of townhouses
2 x 3 bed
2 x 4 bed
Mix of apartments
10 x1 bed (32%)
12 x 2 bed (38%)
9 x 3 bed (29%)
We have amended our design to have greater respect for, and respond better to, the neighbouring properties and character of the area.
The sympathetic design includes:
- Reduced massing towards neighbouring buildings resulting in smaller scale townhouses at either end of the site. We have also reduced the number of town houses at either end of the site from 3 to 2, to further enhance the separation between
- neighbouring houses.
- A building line set back from the road, creating a green buffer zone to enhance the street scene. This provides breathing space between building and pavement.
- Utilisation of the natural level change across the site to further reduce the perceived height.
- Reduced the massing of the top floor. The form has been broken down into separate pavilions which breaks the roof line.